Saturday, August 13, 2011

Just pictures

 Here are just some picture I have not posted yet.  Not really in any order. 

This is Koketso (not sure if that the correct spelling).   He is one of Tobi's student that meets with him almost everyday at the Civic Center.


 Uummm............just a random picture of the sandals I bought.  I thought any of my girl friends might like to see them.   When we were robbed I had two pairs of shoes stolen and of course they were my two most comfortable.  So I had to buy some new ones.   While I was paying for my "authentic" African sandals the ladies told me she gets them from Thailand. : )  Yeah, so these are my world traveling sandals. : )
 Back to what's really important:
  Here is Koketso teaching a friend the same lessons that Tobi taught him.   I took a picture because I knew it would make every preacher heart that reads this blog glad.
Tobi, Oupa and Sam.
 




Oupa is another one of Tobi's students who has been faithful.   Both Oupa and Koketso have said that through Tobi's teaching they have come to the knowledge of the truth and because of that knowledge have repented and put their faith in Jesus Christ.
 At the Civic Center.   Tobi talking to Oupa and Sam having a lesson with Simon.
 Tobi and Oupa at the Civic Center which is where Tobi and Krista have spent many hours of the last two months talking, teaching and just hanging out.

Tobi and Oupa on their way to the men's study in the park.
One last random picture.  Firestorm (isn't that the coolest name ever for a Doberman?) looking like he's dead but really just sleeping.

4 comments:

Suzie said...

The sandals are so you, Tobi needs a haircut, Sam looks good, love the pictures of the men and the Bible studies, and the weather looks gorgeous! Looking forward to you guys coming home!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for this last batch of pictures of the men in Bible studies. I'm praying we will be able to be doing the same thing here in N.P. very soon. So anxious to see you all in person. In some ways I've felt closer to you because I saw you in the blog pics.
and prayed for you every day. But I have dearly missed your physical presence in church and the jail.
Cold and rainy again today, baking spelt/kamut bread, going to bake some chicken breasts in a kind of cassarole (I don't know for sure what will go into it) studying my
S.S. lesson and working on the jail message for this coming week. Think I will rework a series of sermons I did from I John. Counting the days, Jim G.

Caleb & Lisa Humphrey said...

very neat sandals bek, I think you guys must be on your way already. Can't wait to see you, sorry I won't be there to greet you.

Julia Rogers said...

Just curious,...y'all aren't going to stop posting now that your trip to "the dark side of the moon" is over are you? I hope not because i have really enjoyed your blog!!!!