Monday, July 25, 2011

Randomness




 Here are a few picture of random things we've been doing here and random people we've met.

This is Krista and Senziwe at the Civic Center.  Krista meets with her almost everyday and after the lesson they talk and talk and laugh like little girls. 

 I am actually getting used to all the spiders here.  This is a wall spider.  (I don't think that is their official name. : )  
They are everywhere, but stay on the wall, ceiling or floor and do not get into my stuff so I don't kill them on sight like I usually do with spiders. : )  I still can not stand the daddy long legs. They are just so creepy. : P


This has been our classroom for the last five weeks.  Rachel is glad to have the white board gone and the living room looking livable now. 








One day Krista, Rachel, and I walked to the store for groceries and I was able to use my wonderful backpack to carry stuff back to the house.  It was fun.



Who says it doesn't get cold in Africa?


One day I made Roasted Tomato and Feta scones.  They were very yummy, with lots of cream and butter in them how could they not be?



This is Tobi at the Civic Center teaching Wada and Tshapang.  They are two teenage friends that come together for lessons.  They are usually there already waiting for Tobi when we drive up.  Tobi has not been able to meet with them for awhile.  He is hoping to contact them again this week.


Krista's birthday party on the 11th.  Rachel made a wonderful black forest cake with strawberry jam instead of cherry pie filling. It was delicious!
And, for the record, the Hammetts have us Humphreys totally beat as the world's worst  Happy Birthday singers. : )
Trust me, we have proof.

Here is Krista with all Mazula's kids in the back seat of the Prado.  Mazula is one of the main men at the mission here.





A picture taking on our return journey from Kasane.  We think we have bad potholes in Alaska! : )




The best things on a long road trips.
Naps and an Ipod.


Here is a picture of the church services here in Francistown on Sunday.

4 comments:

Suzie said...

Okay...loved, loved, loved this post. First of all, I am EXTREMELY worried about you Rebekah....something is the matter...there is no way you would speak of spiders like that! The girl who panics over the tiniest spider.....WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU...you have me worried girl!

The Hammetts were SO SWEET to make Krista feel so at home with that special happy birthday song....we loved it. And thanks Rachel, for making Krista a cake.

Loved the pictures of all the peoples....keep them coming.

Anonymous said...

Really great to see a bit into your personal lives their in Francistown. Neat to see the church picture of the people in worship. Sorry I missed your birthday Krista, I will try and make it up to you when you return.
I set the picture of Krista and Mazyla's kids on my desktop back-ground (replacing Bekah and Maggie)
cause I liked it so much. Talked to my boss today about hiring Bro. MCandless as my helper when he gets here. I hope he hurries, I need some help :(, getting kind of worn out with the busy summer pace.
Had a great group at the Pioneer Home yesterday. The family with the triplet boys was their with the
ladies Mom. Her mom talked this Catholic lady into coming who has always refused to come when I invited her in the past. I preached on Galatians 6:7-8. "God is not Mocked". She listened and I could tell the Scripture was getting through to her. Aimee played the violin for accompianment
(sp?)in the song service. Well, got to go I've got a crockpot full of moosemeat, bean medly and rice
that needs some attention. God Bless. Jim G.

Caleb & Lisa Humphrey said...

I'm sorry tobi, I don't like the shirt. Looks great. KRista, you're probably going to miss your friend. Is there any way you can get in touch with her after you leave? Are you girls keeping Rachel's room clean? I hope so, poor girl. You should see your apartment, amy did wonders. Miss you

Dy said...

Ah ha! Africa is changing you yet!

So I'm at the Kuzels which is why I'm back to stalking and commenting. LOL

I enjoyed the random pictures in this post. Everyone likes seeing everyday happenings every so often. :)