Saturday, June 25, 2011


 This is me watching a video of the lion cub jumping on Mrs. Wilhite with Breanna and Josh.


I made shish-kabobs one night. 
(Do you see next to the coffee maker my pretty glass water bottle that I bought from Sunshine Health? It is no more. : (  It had a fight with the concrete floor at the Hammett's and lost.)


This is the South African barbecue, it's called a Braai.  I think that's what the Brasilians called them too.  It was this night that I was left all alone with Drew, Breanna, and Josh.  No adults or any of the other kids.   By myself at night, in the dark in South Africa. : )  



They were so yummy. : )  Anyone remember how many Tobi ate?


Breanna, Krista and Joel, in the background, at the gas station right before the engine (which happened to be under the front seat, yeah doesn't make any sense to me either) exploded with smoke and antifreeze and everyone decided they would rather be outside of on exploding vehicle than inside.  Joel was in the back so he just climbed out of the window. : )

In the parking lot waiting for Derek to finish fixing the antifreeze thing or whatever it was that was causing the engine to over heat. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had fun!
~Julia Rogers

Suzie said...

You're a brave girl. Sorry about the water bottle. They do make some with a rubber cover.

Anonymous said...

Wow, again great pictures! It was nice to see you in one.I wish I could have tried a few of those shish kabobs. Sorry about the water bottle, maybe you can find another good one over there.I had fun last night watching a baby bunny munching on dandelion greens
next to my row of potatos. Then a robin and a tiny wren like bird were feeding on bugs just outside my window. I survived the last two days at work though I feel kind of like Joe Frazier must have felt after he fought Ali: pretty beat up.Beautiful morning, sunny with a strong breeze. Working on a message for Wed. using John 18:37-38: The Matter of Truth. Will tie in Prov. 23:23 John 17:17, 14:6 and
I Tim. 3:15. Love and God Bless to you all. Jim G.

TwiceBorn said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your summer. I hope the work load loosens up. I'll have to download you sermon from the website.